lower right verso: Evans estate stamp with inventory number III-124 added in graphite; by later hand, lower left verso in graphite: #1324
Lunn Limited, New York, NY; purchased with donated funds by NGA, 1989.
- Walker Evans: Subway Portraits and Other Recent Acquisitions, National Gallery of Art, Washington; Addison Gallery of American Art, Andover, 1991-1992.
- Picturing the South: 1860 to the Present, High Museum of Art, Atlanta, Georgia, 1996.
- "Walker Evans", Musée national d'art moderne, Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris; San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, San Francisco, 2017 - 2018, unnumbered catalogue.
- Walker Evans: Photographs for the Farm Security Administration, 1935-1938. New York, 1973: no. 124.
- Greenough 1991, pl. 16.
- Picturing the South: 1860 to the Present. Atlanta, Georgia, 1996: p. 112.