by later hand on mount (see object folder): Coll. Peter Lely / Richardson / for the woman with a dove or / Visitation, Rome, Chiesa Nuova
Peter Lely (Lugt 2092); Jonathan Richardson(Lugt 2184). Stephen Spector, New York; Peter Josten, New York; gift to NGA in 1989.
- Master Drawings, The Stephen Spector Collection. The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, 1969, no. 6.
- The Graphic Art of Federico Barocci: Selected Drawings and Prints. Cleveland Museum of Art and Yale University Art Gallery, New Haven, 1978, no. 52 (Edmund Pillsbury and Louise R. Richards).
- Art for the Nation, NGA, 1991, 30-31.
- Van Schaack, Eric. Master Drawings in Private Collections. New York, 1962: 7, 76, no. 27.
- Richardson, Francis. "Barocci at Cleveland & Yale." The Print Collector's Newsletter 9, no. 2 (May-June 1978): 47.
- Smith, Graham. Review of The Graphic Art of Federico Barocci exhibition, Pantheon 36, no. 3, 1978: 290.
- Byam Shaw, James. The Italian Drawings of the Frits Lugt Collection, Volume I Text. Paris, 1983: 110 (under no. 101).
- Burns, Thea. "Chalk or Pastel?: The Use of Colored Media in Early Drawings." The Paper Conservator: The Journal of the Institute of Paper Conservation 18 (1994): 51, fig. 4.