lower right in graphite: Civita Castellana / 1826
A. Stroelin, Lausanne; (sale, Gutekunst and Klipstein, Bern, 22 November 1956, no. 66); Curtis O. Baer [1898-1976]; by descent to Dr. and Mrs. George Baer; designated purchase by NGA with funds contributed by Walter H. and Leonore Annenberg, 1990.
- Drawings from the Collection of Curtis O. Baer, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 1958, no. 44 (cat. by Agnes Mongan).
- Corot, 1796-1875, The Art Institute of Chicago, 1960, no. 144.
- Old Master Drawings, The Newark Museum, Newark, New Jersey, 1960, no. 15.
- Master Drawings from Titian to Picasso, The Curtis O. Baer Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, and tour, 1985-1987, no. 71 (cat. by Eric M. Zafran).
- Art for the Nation, Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1991, pp. 142-143.
- Grasselli, Margaret Morgan, and Andrew Robison. Color, Line, Light: French Drawings, Watercolors, and Pastels from Delacroix to Signac. Exh. cat. Musée des impressionnismes Giverny and National Gallery of Art. Washington, 2012: 47-48, fig. 1 (color).