lower left in graphite: Picasso / Paris le 27 novembre XXXI
Curtis O. Baer [1898-1976]; by descent to Dr. and Mrs. George Baer; designated purchase by NGA with funds contributed by Walter H. and Leonore Annenberg, 1990.
- Drawings from the Collection of Curtis O. Baer, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 1958, no. 54 (cat. by Agnes Mongan).
- Drawings from Georgia collections, High Museum of Art, Atlanta, GA, 1981, no. 44.
- Master Drawings from Titian to Picasso, The Curtis O. Baer Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, and tour, 1985-1987, no. 91 (cat. by Eric M. Zafran).
- Art for the Nation, Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1991, pp. 334-335.
- Picasso Clásico, Junta di Andalucía/Consejería de Cultura y Medio Ambiente, Madrid and Málaga, 1992-93, no. 48.
- Zervos, Christian. Pablo Picasso. 33 vols. Paris, 1932-1978.