signed in 1948, lower left in pen and ink: Picasso
Leo Stein; Henry Kleeman; Curt Valentin [1902-1954], New York; Curtis O. Baer [1898-1976]; by descent to Dr. and Mrs. George Baer; designated purchase by NGA with funds contributed by Walter H. and Leonore Annenberg, 1990.
- Picasso Drawings, The Art Museum, Princeton, 1949, no. 4.
- Six Centuries of Master Drawings, State University of Iowa, 1951, no. 212.
- Symposium of the Graphic Arts, Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT, 1955.
- Drawings from the Collection of Curtis O. Baer, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, MA, 1958, no. 53 (cat. by Agnes Mongan).
- Master Drawings from Titian to Picasso, The Curtis O. Baer Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, and tour, 1985-1987, no. 90 (cat. by Eric M. Zafran).
- Art for the Nation, Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1991, p. 334.
- Zervos, Christian. Pablo Picasso. 33 vols. Paris, 1932-1978.