The artist; (his estate sale, American Art Galleries, New York, 24 March 1898, no. 75); J.B. Mabon, New York. (Davis Galleries, New York); sold 1962 to Rita and Daniel Fraad, New York; gift (partial and promised) 1990 to NGA.
- Cotton States and International Exposition, Atlanta, 1895, no. 524.
- Theodore Robinson, Macbeth Gallery, New York, 1895, no. 16.
- A Collection of Twenty-seven Pictures and Studies by the Late Theodore Robinson, St. Louis Museum of Fine Arts, 1896, no. 14.
- Central Art Association Exhibit, Fort Wayne Art School, Indiana, 1896, no. 29.
- A Collection of Work by the Late Theodore Robinson embracing twenty-on studies and pictures, Cincinnati Museum Association, 1897, no. 12.
- American Painting: Selections from the Collection of Daniel and Rita Fraad, The Brooklyn Museum; Addison Gallery of American Art, Phillips Academy, Andover, Massachusetts, 1964, no. 19.
- Art for the Nation: Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the Natonal Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1991, unnumbered catalogue, color repro.
- Fine Art at the Cotton States and International Exposition, High Museum of Art, Atlanta, 1995, no catalogue.
- Baur, John I.H. Theodore Robinson, 1852-1896. Brooklyn, 1946: 61, no. 55.
- American Painting: Selections from the Collection of Daniel and Rita Fraad. Exh. cat. The Brooklyn Museum, 1964: 27, no. 19, repro.
- Torchia, Robert Wilson, with Deborah Chotner and Ellen G. Miles. American Paintings of the Nineteenth Century, Part II. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1998: 90-93, color repro.