lower left: J. Alden Weir.
(Wickersham Gallery, New York), in 1965; (Robert Carlen, Philadelphia); (Schoelkopf Gallery, New York); sold 1968 to Mr. and Mrs. Raymond J. Horowitz, New York; gift 1990 to NGA.
- American Paintings: Exhibition of Oils, Drawings, and Watercolors, Wickersham Gallery, New York, 1965, no. 7, ill.
- American and Impressionist and Realist Paintings and Drawings from the Collection of Mr. and Mrs. Raymond J. Horowitz, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1973, no. 22.
- Paris - New York: A Continuing Romance, Wildenstein & Company, New York, 1977, no. 82, fig. 80.
- J. Alden Weir, An American Impressionist, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York; The Los Angeles County Museum of Art; The Denver Art Museum, 1983-1984, unnumbered, fig. 5.21.
- Art for the Nation: Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1991, 244-245, color repro.
- American Impressionism and Realism: The Margaret and Raymond Horowitz Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1999, no. 49, repro.
- Connecting the World: The Panama Canal at 100, The Dixon Gallery and Gardens, Memphis; Mint Museum Uptown, Charlotte, 2014-2015.
- A Good Summer's Work: J. Alden Weir, Connecticut Impressionist, Lyman Allyn Art Museum, New London, 2016.
- American Impressionism and Realism: The Margaret and Raymond Horowitz Collection. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1998-1999: no. 49.
- Torchia, Robert Wilson, with Deborah Chotner and Ellen G. Miles. American Paintings of the Nineteenth Century, Part II. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1998: 228-230, color repro.