center verso stamped: WALKER EVANS / 1681 YORK AVENUE / NEW YORK, N.Y. 10028; by later hand, lower right verso in graphite: 66.1118; lower center verso in graphite: 13
Dr. and Mrs. Kent Minichiello, Washington, DC; gift to NGA, 1990.
Associated NamesMinichiello, Kent, Dr. and Mrs.
- Walker Evans' Subway, Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1966.
- Walker Evans: Subway Photographs and Other Recent Acquisitions, National Gallery of Art, Washington; Addison Gallery, Andover, 1991-1992.
- "World Without End: Photography and the 20th Century", Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 2000-2001, unnumbered catalogue reproduction.
- "Walker Evans", Musée national d'art moderne, Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris; San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, San Francisco, 2017 - 2018, unnumbered catalogue.
- Many Are Called. Boston, 1966: p. 57 (variant: cropped to include man on left).
- Thompson, Jerry L. Walker Evans at Work. New York, 1982: p. 157 (above left).
- Greenough 1991, pl. 28.