The artist; gift to Frederick R. Weisman [1912-1994], Los Angeles; acquired 1979 by Marcia S. Weisman [1918-1991], Los Angeles; gift (partial and promised) 1990 to NGA; gift completed 1993.
- Clyfford Still Memorial Exhibition, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1980, no catalogue.
- The First Show: Painting and Sculpture from Eight Collections, 1940-1980: Dominique de Menil, Howard and Jean Lipman, Drs Peter and Irene Ludwig, Giuseppe and Giovanna Panza di Biumo, Robert a Rowan, Charles and Doris Saatchi, Taft and Rita Schreiber, the Weisman family, Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, 1983-1984, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Individuals: A Selected History of Contemporary Art, 1945-1986, Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, 1986-1988, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Art for the Nation: Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1991, 396-397, color repro.
- Selections from the Marcia Simon Weisman Collection, The Menil Collection, Houston, 1992, unpaginated and unnumbered brochure, color repro.
- Clyfford Still: Paintings, 1944-1960, Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Washington, D.C., 2001, no. 28, repro.
- Make it New: Abstract Paintings from the National Gallery of Art, 1950-1975, Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute, Williamstown, 2014, unnumbered catalogue.
- Hand, John Oliver. National Gallery of Art: Master Paintings from the Collection. Washington and New York, 2004: 450-451, no. 379, color repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: