Archibald George Blomefield Russell [born 1879], London; (sale, London, Sotheby's, 22 May 1928, lot 89); De Clementi; John Nicholas Brown, Providence [1900-1979]; (David Tunick, New York); purchased by Ian Woodner, New York, 13 August 1986; by inheritance to his daughters, Andrea and Dian Woodner, New York, 1990; gift to NGA, 1991.
- Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University, Cambridge, 1929.
- Rhode Island Shool of Design, 1931.
- Masterpieces of Drawings: Diamond Jubilee Exhibition, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia, 1950-1, no. 19.
- Forty Master Drawings from the Collection of John Nicholas Brown, Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University, Cambridge, 1962, no. 32.
- 100 Master Drawings from New England Private Collection, Wadsworth Athenaeum, Hartford and tour, 1973-74, no. 1.
- Master Drawings: The Woodner Collection, Royal Academy of Arts, London, 1987, no. 4.
- Master Drawings from the Woodner Collection, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1990, no. 5.
- Art for the Nation: Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1991, supplement.
- The Touch of the Artist: Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995-1996, no. 20.
- Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2006 - 2007.
- The Woodner Collections: Master Drawings from Seven Centuries, NGA, 2017.
- Berenson, Bernard. The Drawings of the Florentine Painters. 3 vols. Chicago, 1938: 3: fig. 94.
- Tietze, Hans. European Master Drawings in the United States. New York, 1947: no. 22.
- Berenson, Bernard. I disegni dei pittori fiorentini. Revised and amplified ed. Milan, 1961: 2: 564, no. 2509F; 3: fig. 99.
- Cummings, Paul. "Interview: Ian Woodner Talks with Paul Cummings." Drawing. IX, 5 (1988): 110.
- Cappel, Carmen Bambach. "On 'La testa proportionalmente degradata'--Luca Signorelli, Leonardo, and Piero della Francesca's De Prospectiva Pingendi," Florentine Drawing at the Time of Lorenzo the Magnificent: Villa Spelman Colloquia 4(1994): 42, fig.21.
- Jones, Jennifer. "The Woodner Collections at the National Gallery." Drawing 17 (September-October 1995): 49-53 (repr. verso fig. 5).
- The Touch of the Artist: Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995-1996: no. 20.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: