lower left: Milton Avery 1960
The artist's wife, Sally Michel Avery [1902-2003], New York; gift 1991 to NGA.
- Milton Avery, National Collection of Fine Arts (now Smithsonian American Art Museum), Washington, D.C.; Brooklyn Museum; Columbus (Ohio) Gallery of Fine Arts, 1969-1970, no. 110, repro.
- Milton Avery and the Landscape, William Benton Museum of Art, University of Connecticut, Storrs, 1976, no. 56, repro.
- Milton Avery, Drawings & Paintings, The University of Texas Art Museum, Austin; Summit Art Center, New Jersey, 1976-1977, unnumbered catalogue.
- Vermont Landscape Images 1776-1976, Robert Hull Fleming Museum, Burlington, 1976, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Milton Avery, The Edmonton Art Gallery, Alberta; Walter Phillips Gallery, Banff, Alberta; Windsor Art Gallery, Ontario; Mendel Art Gallery, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; Art Gallery of Hamilton, Ontario, 1978-1979, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Milton Avery: Major Paintings and Graphics, Charles H. Scott Gallery, Emily Carr College of Art, Granville Island, Vancouver, 1981, unnumbered brochure.
- Milton Avery: Major Paintings, Grace Borgenicht Gallery, New York, 1981, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Art for the Nation: Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1991, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Milton Avery: The Late Paintings, Milwaukee Art Museum; Norton Museum of Art, West Palm Beach; UCLA at the Armand Hammer Museum of Art and Cultural Center, Los Angeles, 2001-2002, pl. 46.