on verso in graphite at center: 34.7 x 44, and in graphite at lower right: 90
Marks and Labels
Cm: Prince W. Argoutinsky-Dolgoroukoff (Lugt 2602d)
Charles Fairfax-Murray [1849-1919], London; Prince W. Argoutinsky-Dolgoronkoff, Paris (Lugt 2602d) (his sale, London, Sotheby's 4 July 1923, no. 41); Tancred Borenius; Mrs. W. H. Hill, Boston; Mrs. Smith, New York; Douglas H. Gordon, 1942 (Lugt 1130a); given by Mrs. Gordon to the National Gallery, 1991.
- French Masters: Rococo to Romanticism. Los Angeles, The UCLA Art Galleries. Los Angeles, 1961, no. 42.
- Jean-Baptiste Greuze, 1725-1805. Hartford, Wadsworth Atheneum; San Francisco, Palace of the Legion of Honor; Dijon, Musée des Beaux-Arts, 1976-1977, no. 85 (Edgar Munhall).
- Baltimore Collections: French and Italian Drawings, 1715-1814. Baltimore Museum of Art, 1984.
- Art for the Nation: Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversairy of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, National Gallery of Art, 1991, (no cat. no; one of the Supplement pages tucked into the cover).
- Greuze the Draftsman. The Frick Collection, New York; The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles. New York, 2002, no. 84 (color; and reprod. on the cover) (Edgar Munhall).
- Renaissance to Revolution: French Drawings from the National Gallery of Art, 1500-1800. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2009,174-175, 285, no. 76 (color).
- Denison, Cara D. French Master Drawings from The Pierpont Morgan Library. Exh. cat. Paris, Musée du Louvre; New York, The Pierpont Morgan Library, 1993-1994, 150-151, under no. 66.