by later hand, lower left verso in pen and brown ink (Bossi Beyerlen numbers): 48 X.rs1 / No 3341.; by later hand, lower center verso in graphite: no 94
Johann Dominik Bossi [1767-1853], Munich; by descent to his daughter Maria Theresa Caroline [1825-1881], Munich, and by her marriage to Carl Christian Friedrich Beyerlen [1826-1881], Stuttgart; (sale H.G. Gutekunst Stuttgart, 27 March 1882); Dubini collection, Milan; Count Rasini, Milan; (sale, New York, Sotheby's, 13-14 January 1989, no. 211); (Kate Ganz, Ltd., London, 1989); (Nissman, Abromson and Co., 1991); purchased by NGA, 1991.
- Master Drawings. 1500-1900, Kate Ganz Ltd. at Douwes Fine Art, London, 1989, no. 26.
- Dürer to Diebenkorn: Recent Acquisitions of Art of Paper, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1992, 27, 43, no. 29.
- The Poetry of Light - La poesia della luce: Venetian Drawings from the National Gallery of Art, Museo Correr, Venice, Venice, 2014 - 2015, no. 70.
- Morassi, Antonio. Disegni antichi dalla collezione Rasini in Milano. Milan, 1937: 48, no. LXX.
- Knox, George. Giambattista and Domenico Tiepolo: A Study and Catalogue Raisonne of the Chalk Drawings. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1980: 1, 240.
- Durer to Diebenkorn: Recent Acquisitions of Art on Paper. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 27, 43-44.