at one end incised: G (in cyrillic) 1954 / GaBo
Commissioned April 1954 by Helen McAuslan [d. 1970?], McLeod, Montana; bequeathed August 1970 to Mr. and Mrs. De Weese, Bozeman, Montana; consigned (?) May 1979 to (Asher-Faure Gallery, Los Angeles); sold 4 January 1980 to Mr. and Mrs. George Rickey, East Chatham, New York; gift 1991 to NGA.
- Extended loan to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, California, 1974-1979.
- Shown periodically at the Neuberger Museum, State University of New York at Purchase, with the Rickey Collection of Constructivist Art, 1980-1991.
- Naum Gabo: Sixty Years of Constructivism, Dallas Museum of Art, travelling exhibition, 1985-1987, no. 55.7, 236.
- Nash, Steven A. and Jörn Merkert, eds. Naum Gabo: Sixty Years of Constructivism. Exh. cat. Dallas Museum of Art, traveling exhibition, 1985: 236, no. 55.7.