lower center in brush and gray ink: Brujas; by later hand, lower right in pen and brown ink: à bolar; upper left in brush and gray ink: 56; by Javier Goya (?), upper right in pen and brown ink: 9.; upper center verso in brush and gray ink: mascaras / 55; by later hand, upper center verso in pen and brown ink: crueles; by Javier Goya (?), upper right verso in pen and brown ink: 10
Javier Goya y Bayeu (1828);Mariano Goya y Goicoechea (1854); Federico de Madrazo and/or Román Garreta y Huerta (c. 1855-1860); Paul Lebas (sale, Paris, Hôtel Drouot, 3 April 1877, no. 72); purchased by Baron Etienne Martin de Beurnonville (sale, Paris, Hôtel Drouot, 16-19 February 1885, no. 51, to Philippe); private collection, Paris; Alfred Strölin, Lausanne, by September 1933; purchased by Ian Woodner, New York, 21 July 1983; by inheritance to his daughters, Andrea and Dian Woodner, New York, 1990; gift to NGA, 1991.
- Goya dans les collections Suisse, Fondation Pierre Gianalda, Martigny, 1982. nos. 13 (recto) and 14 (verso).
- Goya: The Condesa de Chinchón and Other Paintings, Drawings, and Prints from Spanish amd American Private Collections and the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1986-87, (recto only) (unpaginated brochure).
- Master Drawings: The Woodner Collection, Royal Academy of Arts, London, 1987, no. 106.
- Goya and the Spirit of Enlightenment, Museo del Prado, Madrid and tour, 1988-89, no. 58 (recto only) (Madrid only).
- Master Drawings from the Woodner Collection, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1990, no. 140.
- Dürer to Diebenkorn: Recent Acquisitions of Art on Paper, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1992, no. 45 (recto only).
- Goya. La Década de Los Caprichos: Dibujos y aquafuertes, Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando, Madrid, 1992, no. 59 (verso only).
- The Touch of the Artist: Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995-1996, no. 98.
- El Libro de los Caprichos: Francisco de Goya, Museo Nacional del Prado, Madrid, 1999, no. 70 (verso only).
- Goya, Drawings from His Private Albums, Hayward Gallery, London, 2001, no. 19, 98.
- Goya: Images of Women, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2002, no. 78.
- Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2006 - 2007.
- The Woodner Collections: Master Drawings from Seven Centuries, NGA, 2017.