by later hand, lower center verso in pen and brown ink: Perugino Maester van Raphael d'Urbino
Rudolph Weigel, Leipzig, by 1854 (as Perugino); (sale, Christie's, 8 December 1987, lot 91, as Workshop of Perugino); (Succi Ltd., London, as Workshop of Perugino); Visual Art Company, Mies, Switzerland; purchased (via Anna Marie Edlestein) by Ian Woodner, New York, 4 July 1989; by inheritance to his daughters, Andrea and Dian Woodner, New York, 1990; gift to NGA, 1991.
- Woodner Collection: Master Drawings, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1990, no. 7.
- The Touch of the Artist: Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995-1996, no. 22.
- "Pietro Perugino: Master of the Italian Renaissance", The Grand Rapids Art Museum, 1997-1998, no. 18.
- Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2006 - 2007.
- The Woodner Collections: Master Drawings from Seven Centuries, NGA, 2017.
- Weigel, Rudolph. Handzeichnungen berühmter Meister aus der Weigelschen Kunstsammlung in treuen in Kupfer gestochenen Nachbildungen. Leipzig, 1854: no. 9 (as Perugino).
- The Touch of the Artist: Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995-1996: no. 22.