on verso, by later hand, upper left in graphite: MEH 4; upper right in graphite: 39-I
Paul Strand Archive, Aperture Foundation, Millerton, NY; Southwestern Bell Corporation, St. Louis, MO; gift to NGA, 1991.
- Greenough 1990, p. 158, illus. p.51.
- Paul Strand: An American Vision, National Gallery of Art; The Art Institute of Chicago; Saint Louis Art Museum; The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Whitney Museum of American Art, New York; The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, San Francisco; Victoria and Albert Museum, 1990 - 1992, unnumbered catalogue.
- Photographs from the Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1999.
- Art for the Nation: Collecting for a New Century, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2000-2001.
- Youth and Beauty: Art of the American Twenties, Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn; Dallas Museum of Art, Dallas; The Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland, 2011 - 2012, unnumbered catalogue.
- In Light of the Past: Celebrating Twenty-Five Years of Collecting Photographs at the National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, May 3 – July 26, 2015
- Paul Strand. Sixty Years of Photographs, Millerton, New York, 1976, illus. p.55.
- Greenough 1990, p. 158, illus. p. 51 and cover.
- Borhan, Pierre. "Paul Strand." Photographies Magazine, 1991: 10 repro.
- Gingold, Diane J., and Elizabeth A.C. Weil. The Corporate Patron. New York, 1991: 176-177, repro.