by later hand, upper right verso in graphite: #143; by later hand, lower left verso in graphite: SW-dit-156 FI
Paul Strand Archive, Aperture Foundation, Millerton, NY; Southwestern Bell Corporation, St. Louis, MO; gift to NGA, 1991.
- Greenough 1990, p. 159, illus. p.85 (recto only).
- Paul Strand: An American Vision, National Gallery of Art; The Art Institute of Chicago; Saint Louis Art Museum; The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Whitney Museum of American Art, New York; The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, San Francisco; Victoria and Albert Museum, 1990 - 1992, unnumbered catalogue.
- Modern Art and America: Alfred Stieglitz and His New York Galleries, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001, no. 147, as Red River, New Mexico.
- Greenough 1990, p. 159, illus. p.85 (verso only).
- Greenough 1990, p. 160, illus. p.86 (recto only).
- Modern Art and America: Alfred Stieglitz and His New York Galleries. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001: no. 147.