on lower right verso in ink: Man - Tenancingo / Mexico - 1933 / Paul Strand; upper left verso in ink: Vintage Platinum Print; center left verso in ink: To Hazel with love - Mar 8 - 1974; by later hand, lower right verso in graphite: MEX-POR-593 / gift P-H; by later hand, upper right verso in graphite: 5-
Paul Strand Archive, Aperture Foundation, Millerton, NY; Southwestern Bell Corporation, St. Louis, MO; gift to NGA, 1991
- Greenough 1990, p. 160, illus. p. 89 (recto only exhibited)
- Paul Strand: An American Vision, National Gallery of Art; The Art Institute of Chicago; Saint Louis Art Museum; The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Whitney Museum of American Art, New York; The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, San Francisco; Victoria and Albert Museum, 1990 - 1992, unnumbered catalogue.
- Newhall, Nancy. Paul Strand. Photographs 1915-1945. New York, 1945: p. 29 (recto only).
- Skopec, Rudolph. "Paul Strand. Master of World Photography." (Ceskoslovenska Fotografie 10 (Prague, 1962), p. 22 (recto only)
- Coumans, Willem K. "Photo Graphie brengt de werkelijkheid van Paul Strand." Foto (March 1969), p. 121-3 (recto only)
- Hawarth-Booth, Mark. Paul Strand. Aperture Masters of Photography. Number One (Millerton, 1987), p. 39 (recto only)
- Milani, Joanne. "Paul Strand was True to his Vision of the World." The Tampa Tribune (27 June, 1989), p. 1F
- Greenough 1990, p. 160, illus. p. 89 (recto only)