Sir Peter Lely, London (Lugt 2092). Private collection (sale, Sotheby's, London, 3 December 1964, no. 21); (P. & D. Colnaghi & Co., Ltd., London); Michael Hirst, London, January, 1965; sold to Armand Hammer Collection, 1970; gift to NGA, 1991.
- Exhibition of Italian 16th Century Drawings from British Private Collections, Merchants Hall, Edinburgh, Arts Council of Great Britain in association with the Edinburgh Festival Society, 1969, no. 30.
- Exhibited with the Armand Hammer collection from 1971, starting with California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco; except Fine Arts Gallery of San Diego, 1971; Tennessee Fine Arts Center at Cheekwood, Nashville, 1976, and LACMA, 1984.
- Recent Acquisitions and Promised Gifts, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1974, no. 68.
- Correggio and His Legacy: Sixteenth Century Emilian Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington; Galleria Nazionale, Parma, 1984, pp. 10, 98-107, repro. 19.
- Correggio and Parmigianino: Master Draughtsmen of the Renaissance, The British Museum, London and The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 2000-2001, p. 46 (no. 13a), pp. 56-57 (no. 21).
- Correggio e Parmigianino: Arte a Parma nel Cinquecento [Correggio and Parmigianino: Art in Parma during the Sixteenth Century], Scuderie del Quirinale, Rome, 2016, no. 31.