on verso in graphite: Georgia O'Keeffe First drawing of the Blue Lines, 1916
Marks and Labels
blind stamp lower right: STRATHMORE, PAPER
Estate of the artist, 1986; The Georgia O'Keeffe Foundation, Abiguiu, New Mexico, 1991, gift to the National Gallery of Art, 1992
- "O'Keeffe's O'Keeffes: The Artist's Collection", Milwaukee Art Museum, 2001, no. 4.
- "Alfred Stieglitz and His Circle: 1905-1930", Musée d'Orsay, Paris, 2004-2005, no. 148.
- Georgia O'Keeffe and Abstraction, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, 17 Sep 2009-17 Jan 2010, no. 6.
- Georgia O'Keeffe and Abstraction, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, 2009 - 2010, no. 6.
- Lynes, Barbara Buhler. Georgia O'Keeffe: Catalogue Raisonné. 2 vols. New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 1999.
- Haskell, Barbara, ed. Georgia O'Keeffe and Abstraction. (Exh. cat. Whitney Museum of American Art, New York; The Phillips Collection, Washington; Georgia O'Keeffe Museum, Santa Fe, 2009-2010). New Haven, 2009, no. 6.