Purchased by Ian Woodner, New York, by 1971; by inheritance to his daughters, Andrea and Dian Woodner, New York, 1990; gift to the NGA, 2017.
- Woodner Collection I: A Selection of Old Master Drawings before 1700, William H. Schab Gallery, New York and tour, 1971-72, no. 26.
- Master Drawings from the Woodner Collection, J. Paul Getty Museum, Malibu and tour, 1983-85, no. 8 (George Goldner).
- Master Drawings: The Woodner Collection, Royal Academy of Arts, London, 1987, no. 7.
- Master Drawings from the Woodner Collection, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1990, no. 9.
- The Touch of the Artist: Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995-1996, no. 26 (entry by Suzanne Folds McCullagh).
- Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2006 - 2007 (no cat.).
- Muraro, Michelangelo. Corpus graphicum: I disegni di Vittore Carpaccio. 2 vols. Florence, 1977: 85 fig. 42A.