Purchased by Ian Woodner, New York, by 1973; by inheritance to his daughters, Andrea and Dian Woodner, New York, 1990; gift to NGA, 1998.
- Woodner Collection II: Old Master Drawings from the XV to the XVIII Century. William H. Schab Gallery, New York, and tour, 1973-1974, no. 101 (as François Boucher).
- Master Drawings from the Woodner Collection. Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1990, no. 101 (as François Boucher).
- The Touch of the Artist: Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995-1996, no. 90 (recto only) (entry by Margaret Morgan Grasselli).
- Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2006 - 2007 (no cat.).
- Renaissance to Revolution: French Drawings from the National Gallery of Art, 1500-1800. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2009, 162-163, 285, no. 70 (color; recto and verso).
- The Woodner Collections: Master Drawings from Seven Centuries, NGA, 2017.
- Bonnier, Henri. François Boucher. Paris, 1988: 85 (as Boucher).
- Bancel, André. Jean-Baptiste Deshays, 1729-1765. Paris, 2008: 206, no. D.29.