Purchased by Ian Woodner [d. 1990], New York; by inheritance to his daughters, Andrea and Dian Woodner, New York, 1990.
- Woodner Collection II: Old Master Drawings from the XV to the XVIII Century, William H. Schab Gallery, New York and tour, 1973-74, no. 91 (as Charles Le Brun).
- Master Drawings from the Drawings Society's Membership, Hirschl and Adler, New York, 1986, no catalogue.
- The Touch of the Artist: Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995-1996, no. 75 (entry by Margaret Morgan Grasselli).
- Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2006 - 2007.
- Renaissance to Revolution: French Drawings from the National Gallery of Art, 1500-1800. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2009, 80-81, 279, no. 31 (color).
- The Woodner Collections: Master Drawings from Seven Centuries, NGA, 2017.
- Bédard, Sylvain. "A Newly Identified Académie by Jouvenet in Washington," Master Drawings, 44, no. 4, 2006: 487, 492, fig. 1 (color)(as Jouvenet).
- Gustin Gomez, Clémentine. Charles de La Fosse, 1636-1716: Le maître des Modernes. 2 vols. Paris, 2006, 2: 293, no. D.261 (as La Fosse).