lower left in tempera: SS (in monogram) / 187[2 or 4]
(Durlacher Brothers, London); purchased by William B. O'Neal, Charlottesville, VA, 1966-1994; gift to NGA, 1995.
- Durlacher Bros. Simeon Solomon Exhibition, Wellesley College, Boston, May 1966, no. 4 (as High Priest).
- Exhibition of Paintings and Drawings by Simeon Solomon, Durlacher Bros., New York, April 1966, no listing of works in cat.
- La Bella Mano, The Virginia Museum, Richmond, September 14-October 24, 1982, 25 (as High Priest).
- The English Avant-Garde of the 1880s: Aesthetes, Rebels, and Feminists, University of Virginia Library, Richmond, February-March, 1985, no cat.
- Drawings from the O'Neal Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1993, no. 53.
- Drawings from the O'Neal Collection, Georgia Museum of Art, The University of Georgia, Athens, 4 May-16 June, 1996.
- The Artist's Vision: Romantic Traditions in Great Britain, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2006 - 2007
- Werner, Alfred. "Simeon Solomon: A Rediscovery." Arts Magazine 40/7 (May 1966) p. 51, reproduced.
- Seymour, Gayle Marie. "The Life and Work of Simeon Solomon (1840-1905)." Ph.D. dissertation, University of California, Santa Barbara, 1986: 213, fig. 198.
- NGA O'Neal 1993, ex 53.
- Conroy, Carolyn. ”He Hath Mingled with the Ungodly”: The Life of Simeon Solomon after 1873, with a Survey of the Extant Works. Ph.D. dissertation, The University of York, York, 2009: 114-115 and fig. 13.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: