Graf von Wilczek, Kreuzenstein, Austria. (E. and A. Silberman Galleries, Inc., New York), by 1940; sold to Janos Scholz [d. 1993], by 1968; bequest 1993 to NGA.
- Arts of the Middle Ages: A Loan Exhibition, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1940, 83, no. 295, as Lion's Mask by Italian 14th Century (exh. cat. by Georg Swarzenski).
- An Exhibition of Medieval Art, Indiana University, Bloomington, 1945.
- Medieval Art Taft Museum, Cincinnati, 1948-1949.
- Medieval Art from Private Collections: A Special Exhibition at the Cloisters, The Cloisters, New York, 1968-1969, no. 111, as Door pull by Austrian XV Century (cat. by Carmen Gómez-Moreno).
- Mende, Ursula. Die Türzieher des Mittelalters. Berlin, 1981: 118-120, 176, 185, 293-294, cat. 196, fig. 314.