lower right in blue paint: Picasso; lower right verso in pen and black ink: Picasso
Purchased from the artist by Wilhelm Uhde, 1906; (Galerie Caspari, Munich); sold 1915 to Hertha Koenig [1884-1976], Munich;  sold 1950 to (Justin K. Thannhauser, New York);  W. Somerset Maugham, St.-Jean-Cap-Ferrat (his sale, London, Sotheby's, 10 April 1962, no. 26); purchased by (Hector Brame) for Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, Upperville, VA; gift to NGA, 1996.
- Galerie Ambroise Vollard, Paris, 1901 (verso only).
- Galerie Thannhauser, Munich, 1913.
- French Paintings from the Collections of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon and Mrs. Mellon Bruce, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1966, no. 194 (recto only).
- Aspects of Twentieth Century Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1978-1979, 21, 116, no. 8 (recto only).
- Picasso, The Saltimbanques. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980-1981, 15, 55, 87, pl. 7, fig. 72, cat. no. 38 (recto only).
- Picasso: The Early Years, 1892-1906, National Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1997-1998.
- A Century of Drawing, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001-2002, no. 8, as The Death of Harlequin.
- Zervos, Christian. Pablo Picasso. 33 vols. Paris, 1932-1978.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: