lower left in graphite: R.; by later hand, lower center verso in blue pencil: 3915
(Ambroise Vollard [1867-1939], Paris); (Schaeffer Galleries, Inc., New York); purchased 4 January 1965 by Norton Simon, Pasadena; purchased 14 March 1973 by (E.V. Thaw & Co., New York); purchased by Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, Upperville, VA; gift to NGA, 1995.
- Drawings: Brueghel to Cezanne. Schaeffer Galleries, Inc., New York, March, 1948.
- Special exhibition for College Arts Association. Los Angeles County Museum of Art, January 18-April 16, 1965.
- Impressionist and Post-Impressionist Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art, The National Art Center, Tokyo, Tokyo; Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art, Kyoto, 2011, unnumbered catalogue.
- Schaeffer Galleries Bulletin no. 4 (March 1948), unumbered and unpaginated.
- Daulte, François. August Renoir. Milan, 1971: no. 2 (repr.).
- Jones, Kimberly A. Impressionist and Post-Impressionist Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: National Gallery of Art, 2010.