John Barnard (Lugt 1420); Lessing Julius Rosenwald (1760b), purchased from Richard Zinser; given to the National Gallery of Art
- Rembrandt's Etchings, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 1961-1962.
- University of Notre Dame Art Gallery, South Bend, IN, 1961.
- Rembrandt in the National Gallery of Art [Commemorating the Tercentenary of the Artist's Death], National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1969, no. 67, 63.
- Self-Portraits: Prints from the Collection of the National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1979.
- The Unfinished Print, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001, repro.
- The Unfinished Print, The Frick Collection, New York, 2004.
- Strokes of Genius: Rembrandt's Prints and Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- Hind, Arthur M. A Catalogue of Rembrandt's Etchings. London: Methuen and Co. Ltd., 1923.
- White, Christopher and Karel G. Boon. Rembrandt's Etchings. 2 vols. Amsterdam: Van Gendt & Co., 1969.
- The New Hollstein Dutch & Flemish Etchings, Engravings and Woodcuts, 1450-1700. Rotterdam: Sound & Vision Interactive, 1993: no. 115, ii/ii.