lower right plate: R.; by later hand, center verso in graphite: 62 / C.18125 / .53; by later hand, lower left verso in graphite: 2450 / -on / 977654; by later hand, lower center verso in brown pencil and crossed out: 62089.; by later hand, lower right in graphite: B.62
Graphische Sammlung, Munich (Lugt 1614 and 2397); Lessing J. Rosenwald, Alverthorpe, PA (Lugt 1760b); gift to NGA, 1943.
Associated NamesRosenwald, Lessing Julius
- University of Notre Dame Art Gallery, South Bend, IN, 1961.
- Strokes of Genius: Rembrandt's Prints and Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- Hind, Arthur M. A Catalogue of Rembrandt's Etchings. London: Methuen and Co. Ltd., 1923.
- White, Christopher and Karel G. Boon. Rembrandt's Etchings. 2 vols. Amsterdam: Van Gendt & Co., 1969.
- The New Hollstein Dutch & Flemish Etchings, Engravings and Woodcuts, 1450-1700. Rotterdam: Sound & Vision Interactive, 1993: no. 114, only.