Heneage Finch Earl of Aylesford (Lugt 58); Lessing Julius Rosenwald (Lugt 1760b) purchased from William Schab, 1942; given to National Gallery of Art 1942
- The Life of Christ as Depicted in the Etchings of Rembrandt, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1946, no cat.
- Rembrandt and His Pupils, North Carolina Museum of Art, Raleigh, 1956, no. 41.
- The Life of Christ in Prints, The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, 1956-1957, no cat.
- University of Notre Dame Art Gallery, South Bend, IN, 1961.
- Strokes of Genius: Rembrandt's Prints and Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- Hind, Arthur M. A Catalogue of Rembrandt's Etchings. London: Methuen and Co. Ltd., 1923.
- White, Christopher and Karel G. Boon. Rembrandt's Etchings. 2 vols. Amsterdam: Van Gendt & Co., 1969.
- The New Hollstein Dutch & Flemish Etchings, Engravings and Woodcuts, 1450-1700. Rotterdam: Sound & Vision Interactive, 1993: no. 139, ii/iv.