Richard Gutekunst (Lugt 2213a); Hendrikus Egbertus Ten Cate [1868-1955], Almelo (Lugt 533b); Lessing Julius Rosenwald (Lugt 1760b), purchased from Sessler; given to the National Gallery of Art 1943
- Loan Exhibition of Paintings by Frans Hals and Rembrandt, Los Angeles County Museum, 1947, no. 18.
- Rembrandt and His Pupils, North Carolina Museum of Art, Raleigh, 1956, no. 27.
- Landscape Prints by Rembrandt and other Dutch Artists from the Rosenwald Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965, no cat.
- Master Prints from the Collection of the National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1966-1967, no cat.
- Rembrandt in the National Gallery of Art [Commemorating the Tercentenary of the Artist's Death], National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1969, no. 90, 66.
- Etchings by Rembrandt, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1973, no catalogue.
- Imitation and Invention: Old Master Prints and Their Sources, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995, as Saint Jerome by the Pollard Willow.
- The Unfinished Print, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001, repro.
- The Unfinished Print, The Frick Collection, New York, 2004.
- Strokes of Genius: Rembrandt's Prints and Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- Hind, Arthur M. A Catalogue of Rembrandt's Etchings. London: Methuen and Co. Ltd., 1923.
- White, Christopher and Karel G. Boon. Rembrandt's Etchings. 2 vols. Amsterdam: Van Gendt & Co., 1969.
- The New Hollstein Dutch & Flemish Etchings, Engravings and Woodcuts, 1450-1700. Rotterdam: Sound & Vision Interactive, 1993: no. 244, iii/iv.