lower right in plate: Rembrandt f 1655 (the 'd' and the '6' reversed)
Lessing Julius Rosenwald (Lugt 1760b) purchased from Sessler 1930; given to the National Gallery of Art 1943
Associated NamesRosenwald, Lessing Julius
- Master Prints from the Rosenwald Collection, circulated by the American Federation of Arts to 11 venues (California Legion of Honor, San Francisco, CA; Henry Art Gallery at the University of Washington, Seattle, WA; Museum of Cranbrook Academy of Art, Bloomfield Hills, MI; Grand Rapids Art Gallery, Grand Rapids, MI; The J.B. Speed Art Museum, Louisville, KY; Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA; Museum of Art at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI; Springfield Art Museum, Springfield, MO; Norton Gallery and School of Art, West Palm Beach, FL; Watkins Institute, Nashville, TN; and Memphis Academy of Art, Memphis, TN), 1950-1952, no cat.
- Rembrandt in the National Gallery of Art [Commemorating the Tercentenary of the Artist's Death], National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1969, no. 59, 62, repro.
- Strokes of Genius: Rembrandt's Prints and Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- Hind, Arthur M. A Catalogue of Rembrandt's Etchings. London: Methuen and Co. Ltd., 1923.
- White, Christopher and Karel G. Boon. Rembrandt's Etchings. 2 vols. Amsterdam: Van Gendt & Co., 1969.
- The New Hollstein Dutch & Flemish Etchings, Engravings and Woodcuts, 1450-1700. Rotterdam: Sound & Vision Interactive, 1993: no. 287, only.