Mary Jane Morgan [d. 1885], New York (Lugt 1879); Lessing Julius Rosenwald (Lugt 1760b); given to the National Gallery of Art 1943
- The Life of Christ as Depicted in the Etchings of Rembrandt, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1946, no cat.
- Drawings and Prints by Rembrandt from the Rosenwald and Widener Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1958, no catalogue.
- Seventeenth-Century Dutch Drawings from American Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. (not included in tour), 1977.
- Strokes of Genius: Rembrandt's Prints and Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- Rembrandt, History Painter, Museo Nacional del Prado, Madrid, 2008-2009.
- Rembrandt and the Face of Jesus, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia; The Detroit Institute of Arts, Detroit, 2011-2012, no. 17A.
- Hind, Arthur M. A Catalogue of Rembrandt's Etchings. London: Methuen and Co. Ltd., 1923.
- White, Christopher and Karel G. Boon. Rembrandt's Etchings. 2 vols. Amsterdam: Van Gendt & Co., 1969.