Skip to Content
Admission is always free Directions
Newhouse Galleries
Biography
Gallery opened in St. Louis, ca. 1878, by M.A. Newhouse, under the name M.A. Newhouse & Son. Bertram Newhouse (the Son, 1883-1982) opened branches in New York in c. 1919 and in Los Angeles, selling Old Master paintings. He was succeeded by his son Clyde Newhouse [1920-1986]. In 1934 Ehrich Galleries merged with Newhouse, following the death of Harold Louis Ehrich [1880-1932].




Bibliography
1934
"Art Firms Merge." Art Digest 8 (15 May 1934): 8.
1934
"Ehrich-Newhouse History Related." Art News 32 (9 June 1934):10.
Related Content

Filter results by:

Limit to works on view

Limit to works with online images

Limit to works of classification:

Limit to works of artist nationalities:

Limit to works belonging to editions:

Limit to works created between:

Limit to works containing styles:

Limit to works containing photographic processes:

Find works executed in:


Find works containing subject terms:


Find works with an alternate reference number (for example, Key Set number) containing:


  • Filters: