Skip to Content

Wunderlich & Co., H.

founded 1874

Biography
H. Wunderlich & Co. was established by Hermann Wunderlich in 1874 as a print gallery, dealing mostly with fashionable prints, Old Master prints, and contemporary artists, including Whistler. Following Wunderlich's death in 1892, Edward Guthrie Kennedy, his partner, assumed control. The name was eventually changed to Kennedy & Company around 1908; in 1952, it was renamed Kennedy Galleries. After Kennedy's retirement in 1916, Hermann's son, Herman Wunderlich, became the senior partner until his death in 1951, when his son, Rudolf G. Wunderlich (d. 2004), became president.

Related Content

Limit to works on view

Limit to works with online images

Limit to works of classification:

Limit to works of artist nationalities:

Limit to works belonging to editions:

Limit to works created between:

Limit to works containing styles:

Limit to works containing photographic processes:

Find works executed in:


Find works containing subject terms:


Find works with an alternate reference number (for example, Key Set number) containing:


  • Filters:
  • View: