Founded in 1928 by Dr. Armand Hammer, the Hammer Galleries originally specialized in Russian icons, brocades, imperial porcelains and art objects, and is recognized for introducing the work of Karl Fabergé to America. Gallery records show that in the 1960s, the gallery turned its focus to modern art, particularly the works of the Impressionist and Post-Impressionist.
The Sculpture Garden will open on Saturday, June 20, with limitations. The East and West Buildings are currently closed to the public. All on-site events are canceled through December 31, 2020. Learn More.