Established in Paris in 1925 by Henry Bing [1888-1965], illegitimate son of Barbizon painter Henry Bodmer and Sophie Kauffmanns. He took the name of his mother's husband, Gaston Bing. A painter himself, Henry Bing spent his childhood in Barbizon, spent 1905-1906 in Munich and then lived in Paris until 1910. He lived in various places during the first World War before returning to Paris. His galerie held exhibitions of Modigliani in 1925 and a Fauve retrospective in 1927. He died in Paris in 1965.
Gautherie-Kampa, Annette. Café du Dôme: Deutsche Maler in Paris 1903-1914. Exh. cat., Kunsthalle Wilhelmshaven, Städtische Galerie Würzburg, Kunsthalle Darmstadt, Städtische Galerie Haus Coburg, 1996-1997:30.