Mary Millicent Rogers was the daughter of Standard Oil pioneer Colonel Henry H. Rogers and his wife Mary Benjamin Rogers. She married firstly in 1924 to an Austrian actor, Count Ludwig Salm von Hoogstraeten, with whom she had a son Peter. Following a divorce and protracted litigation, Rogers married a second time in November 1927, to the Argentinean Arturo Peralta Ramos. They had two children, Arturo Henry and Paul Jaime, but were divorced in December 1935. In the winter of 1936 she married again, to wall street broker Ronald B. Balcom, but this marriage also ended in divorce. Mary Millicent Rogers was known for her charitable efforts during and after the second world war, helping to get much needed medical supplies to Europe, and raising millions toward this cause. A few years before her death, she moved to a small ranch outside Taos, NM. She died on New Year's day in 1953 following an operation for a blood clot. For most of her life she was known as Mary Millicent Rogers, but signed her name legally as Mary Huttleston Rogers. Five years prior to her death she changed her legal name to Millicent A. Rogers. in 1956 her heirs established a museum in her name in Taos, New Mexico.