Messrs. Henry Graves was the oldest print-selling establishment in London, founded in 1752. Algernon Graves, the son of founder Henry Graves, headed the firm for several years. In October 1920, Graves & Co. joined forces with Messrs. Gooden and Fox in new galleries at 60-61 New Bond Street, London. Both establishments had formerly been located at Pall Mall, London.
"A Notable Amalgamation." American Art News 19 (16 October 1920).
Lugt, Frits. Les Marques de collections de dessins et d'estampes Amsterdam, 1921: 195, 561.