The portrait painter Étienne-François Haro [commonly called François Haro] was born in Paris, and worked in the studios of Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres and Eugène Delacroix. He was named "restaurateur," or conservator of paintings by the Palais des Tuileries and by the Minister of Public Works. On 30 June 1867, Haro was decorated by the Legion of Honour. He took part in the Salons of 1866 and 1879, but was more an art dealer than an artist. Haro's son Henri [1855-1911] also became a dealer, and painted portraits and genre subjects.
Benezit, Emmanuel. Dictionnaire critique et documentaire des peintres, sculpteurs, dessinaterus et graveurs de tour les temps et tous les pays. 10 vols. Paris, 1976: 5:408.