Established by dealer Jean Charpentier [1891-1976] and located on the rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré in Paris, this commercial gallery was known as the Hôtel Jean Charpentier or the Galerie Jean Charpentier. In 1941 the business was bought by the architect Raymond Nacenta, who operated it under the name Galerie Charpentier until 1961. Nacenta put on a seris of thematic exhibitions, including 100 portraits de femmes, Les célébrités françaises. In 1954, Nacenta began regular exhibitions of the l'Ecole de Paris. Some records of the Galerie Charpentier are located at the Documentation of the Centre Georges Pompidou in Paris.