(Charles Sessler), Philadelphia; purchased by Lessing J. Rosenwald, Jenkintown, PA, 1930; gift to NGA, 1943.
- James McNeill Whistler, Tate Gallery, London; Musée d'Orsay, Paris; National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994-1995, no. 122.
- "Turner, Whistler, Monet", Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto; Galeries nationales du Grand Palais, Paris; Tate Britain, London, 2004-2005, no. 104.
- Kennedy, Edward G. The etched work of Whistler, illustrated by reproductions in collotype of the different states of the plates. 6 vols. New York: Grolier Club, 1910.
- James McNeill Whistler. Exh. cat. Tate Gallery, London; Musée d'Orsay, Paris; National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994-1995: no. 122.
- Hults, Linda C. The Print in the Western World. Madison, WI, 1996: 567; fig. 9.55, 570.