(Salvadori); sold 1907 to Peter A.B. Widener, Lynnewood Hall, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; inheritance from Estate of Peter A.B. Widener by gift through power of appointment of Joseph E. Widener, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; gift 1942 to NGA.
- Works of Art from the Widener Collection. Foreword by David Finley and John Walker. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 9, as by Paduan Artist 16th Century.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Widener Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1948 (reprinted 1959): 149, repro., as North Italian, Possibly Leone Leoni.
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 134.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 162, repro.
- Luchs, Alison, Shelley Sturman, and Katherine May. “A statuette from the workshop of Leonardo da Vinci.” The Burlington Magazine 154 (November 2012): 768-772, esp. 770, 771, repro.
- Coppel, Rosario et al. Leone and Pompeo Leoni. Faith and Fame. Madrid, 2013: 96.