J.W. Boehler, Sr. (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris); inheritance from Estate of Peter A.B. Widener by gift through power of appointment of Joseph E. Widener, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, after purchase 12 November 1924 by funds of Joseph E. Widener; gift 1942 to NGA.
- Works of Art from the Widener Collection. Foreword by David Finley and John Walker. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 9.
- Duveen Brothers, Inc. Duveen Sculpture in Public Collections of America: A Catalog Raisonné with illustrations of Italian Renaissance Sculptures by the Great Masters which have passed through the House of Duveen. New York, 1944: figs. 32-35, as Madonna of the Lilies.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Widener Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1948 (reprinted 1959): 116, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 167.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 146, repro.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 198, repro.
- Catterson, Lynn. "Stefano Bardini and the Taxonomic Branding of Marketplace Style: From the Gallery of a Dealer to the Institutional Canon." In Eva-Maria Troelenberg and Melania Savino, eds. Images of the Art Museum. Connecting Gaze and Discourse in the History of Museology. Berlin and Boston, 2017: 54-56, 54 fig. 6.