by later hand, upper left verso in pen and brown ink: Corto[ ] no 7; by later hand, lower right verso in graphite: 47; by later hand, lower right verso in pen and brown ink: Pietro da Cortona
Baron Milford [1744-1823; Lugt 2687], Pembrokeshire, as by Pietro da Cortona. Anthony Blunt [1907-1983], London; (Martin and Sewell, London, by 1970); Joseph F. McCrindle [1923-2008], New York, 1970; bequest to NGA, 2008.
- The Sir Anthony Blunt Collection. Courtauld Institute Galleries, London, 1964, no. 26.
- Master Drawings. W. A. Martin and Brian Sewell, London, 1970, no. 22.
- Italian 17th Century Drawings from British Private Collections. Edinburgh Festival, Edinburgh, 1972, no. 48.
- Old Master Drawings from the Collection of Joseph F. McCrindle. The Art Museum, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, 1991, no. 49 (cat. by Frederick A. den Broeder).
- The McCrindle Gift: A Distinguished Collection of Drawings and Watercolors. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2012, 64-65, no. 21 (entry by Oliver Tostmann).
- Vitzthum, Walter. "Review of The Sir Anthony Blunt Collection Exhibition Catalogue." Master Drawings. 3, no. 4 (1965): 405.
- Davis, Bruce W. The Drawings of Ciro Ferri. New York, 1986: 238.
- Harris, Ann Sutherland. Review of Frederick A. den Broeder, Old Master Drawings from the Collection of Joseph F. McCrindle. Master Drawings 32, no. 1 (Spring 1994): 68.