Admission is always free Directions

Open today: 10:00 to 5:00

Inscription

printed, top center above image in black ink: 177.; bottom center under image in black ink: Construction of Rock & Brush Dam. L.W. 1891; on verso, by unknown hand, across bottom in graphite: H. BOSSEE CYANOTYPE "CONSTRUCTION OF ROCK AND BRUSH DAM, L.W." 1891 FROM "VIEWS ON THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER" EX. COLLIN: MAJOR A. MACKENZIE #177

Provenance

Mary and Dan Solomon; purchase and gift to NGA, 2006.



Exhibition History
2015
In Light of the Past: Celebrating Twenty-Five Years of Collecting Photographs at the National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, May 3 – July 26, 2015