Pease family. Myron C. Taylor, New York. (Hirschl and Adler, Inc., New York); purchased 18 October 1965 by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Portraits of George Washington and Other Eighteenth Century Americans, M. Knoedler & Company, New York, 13 February-4 March 1939, no. 7, repro.
- American Portraits by American Painters, 1730-1944, Knoedler Galleries, New York, 24 April-13 May 1944, no. 2.
- Old and New England: an Exhibition of American Painting of Colonial and Early Republican Days Together with English Painting of the Same Time, Rhode Island School of Design Museum of Art, Providence, 19 January-18 February 1945, no. 35, repro.
- Robert Feke, Whitney Museum of Art, New York; Heckscher Art Museum, Huntington, New York; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1946, no. 20 (Heckscher Art Museum alternative exhibition title: Robert Feke: Native Colonial Painter, unnumbered checklist).
- Four Centuries of American Art, The Minneapolis Institute of Arts, 27 November 1963-19 January 1964, unnumbered checklist.
- Suggested Additions, Milwaukee Art Center, 8 May-9 June 1963, no. 30, repro.
- Past and Present: 250 Years of American Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 15 April-30 September 1966, unpublished checklist.
- Corcoran [The American Genius], Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 24 January-4 April 1976, unnumbered cat., repro.
- Cash, Sarah, ed. Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Washington, 2011: 296, repro.