Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 1945 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Beyond Nobility: Art for the Private Citizen in the Early Renaissance, Allentown Art Museum, Pennsylvania, 1980-1981, no. 39, repro.
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection. Reliefs and Plaquettes. Oxford, 1931: 2: 174, no. 234.
- Renaissance Bronzes: Statuettes, Reliefs and Plaquettes, Medals and Coins from the Kress Collection. Introduction by Perry B. Cott. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 145, as Madonna and Child.
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Statuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: 20-21, no. 57.
- Callmann, Ellen. Beyond Nobility: Art for the Private Citizen in the Early Renaissance. Exh. cat. Allentown Art Museum, Allentown, PA, 1980: 44-45, no. 39.
- Palmer, Allison Lee. "The Walters' Madonna and Child Plaquette and Private Devotional Art in Early Renaissance Italy." The Journal of the Walters Art Museum 59 (2001): 82 n. 5, 82 n.17.