Casa Boschi, Bologna, from at least 1777 until 1858, when sold with the entire Boschi collection. Vincenzo Valentini or Gioacchino Valentini, Rome, in 1860. George John Browne, 3rd marquess of Sligo [1820-1896], Westport House, Co. Mayo, Ireland; by inheritance to his daughter (by his third wife), Lady Isabel Mary Peyronnet Browne [1881-1947], Mount Browne, Guildford, Surrey; (sale, Christie, Manson & Woods, London, 12 March 1948, no. 81); Dr. James Hasson, London; (Thomas Agnew & Sons, Ltd., London); joint ownership from 1953 with (M. Knoedler & Co., New York and London) and (Pinakos, Inc. [Rudolf Heinemann], New York); sold January 1954 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1961 to NGA.
- Loan Exhibition of Thirty-Nine Masterpieces of Venetian Painting, Thos. Agnew and Sons, Ltd., London, 1953, no. 12.
- In the Light of Apollo: Italian Renaissance and Greece, National Gallery and Alexandros Soutzos Museum, Athens, 2003-2004, no. X.3, repro.
- Tullio Lombardo and Venetian High Renaissance Sculpture, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2009, not in catalogue.
- Cima da Conegliano: Poeta del Paesaggio, Palazzo Sarcinelli, Conegliano, 2010, no. 16, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Colllection Acquired by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation 1951-56. Introduction by John Walker, text by William E. Suida and Fern Rusk Shapley. National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1956: 48, no. 15, repro.
- Walker, John. "The Nation's Newest Old Masters." The National Geographic Magazine 110, no. 5 (November 1956): color repro. 630, 655.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 148, repro.
- Walker, John, Guy Emerson, and Charles Seymour. Art Treasures for America: An Anthology of Paintings & Sculpture in the Samuel H. Kress Collection. London, 1961:, 56-58, color repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 28
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 20, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XV-XVI Century. London, 1968: 58-59, fig. 143.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 70, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:132, II:pl. 92
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 191, no.217, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 89, repro.
- Mündler, Otto. "The Travel Diaries of Otto Mündler." Ed. Carol Togneri Dowd. Walpole Society 51 (1985): 116, 218, 261, 270.
- Echols, Robert. "Cima and the Theme of Saint Jerome in the Wilderness." Venezia Cinquecento IV, no. 8 (July-December 1994): 47-69, fig. 8.
- Boskovits, Miklós, David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 2003: 206-209, color repro.